Two of my books (BEI and PVI) contain a favorite illustration of mine, showing a 2-D plane of data and what it looks like as it is taken to Fourier space. I like showing it because the basic concepts come across more clearly in person than on paper. Here you have links to the video (55:07 minutes).
- Let's dig up some data (5:47) here, or at youtube.
- How do we compute the 2-D Fourier Transform? (11:51) here or at youtube.
- Review of 1-D Fourier Transform (7:53) here or at youtube.
- Quiz on the meaning of the results (4:26) here or at youtube.
- Answers to the easy questions (14:35) ©Jon Claerbout here.
- A hard question (2:22) here or at youtube.
- Answer to the hard question (5:01) ©Jon Claerbout
- Easy 3-D question (3:12) here or at youtube.
See more tutorial video by Jon Claerbout
See miscellaneous curiosities and opinions of Jon Claerbout