This is an old revision of the document!
SEP136 - REPORT COUNTDOWN - November 2008
- Inexperienced writers to arrange outside editorial help (Biondo/Bob to contact students requiring outside editing).
- Outside editors proof each paper at least TWICE before Oct 17th (no NEW text can be added to papers after October 17th).
- Update sponsor electronic access file on koko (/private/.htaccess).
- Permission received for all data to be published? (please check)
- Assign person to back up (/wrk1/sep136) every day.
MONDAY, OCTOBER 13:
- Mohammad to update Reports page.
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 14:
- Post previous biographies.
- Post list of SEP articles published or known submitted.
- Seminar discussion on how to enter references in papers.
- Copy all paper skeletons to /wrk1/sep136/ (no additional papers will be accepted after this).
- Biondo/Bob reads abstract and introduction.
- Diane checks header/footer and reference style.
- Mohammad to begin building table of contents.
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 15:
- Final list of SEP articles published or known submitted.
- Update Reproducible Documents/Publications Page on website.
- Final changes to biographical information.
- Prepare final pictures for biography/phone numbers page.
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 16:
- ALL papers should be finished. Exception: Only persons with more than one article may have ONE unfinished article.
- Diane to get rough estimate on final page count for report (printers need final size for binding/engraving).
- For those designated as inexperienced writers, ALL papers must have gone thru outside editing TWICE & be approved by Biondo/Bob as acceptable. If not, it will be removed from report.
- Biondo/Bob to doublecheck on permission to use real data.
- Biondo/Bob assigns proofreaders for papers by inexperienced writers.
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 17:
- (ALL DAY) First round of proofreading for inexperienced writers.
- Mohammad generates sign-up file and RCS directory.
- Diane lets everyone know general sign-up is open, how many papers to sign up for, and reminder to use sign-up instructions at: http://sepwww.stanford.edu/internal/report#sufr.
- Sign up for papers to proofread on Monday and Tuesday. Diane lets people know how many papers to review in Round 2.
- Return proofread papers to inexperienced writers.
MONDAY, OCTOBER 20:
- Deadline to finish ALL articles, including all figures. A paper.ps file must exist in each directory.
- Mohammad & Diane to check that everybody has signed up and all paper.ps exists in each directory. (student??) tells authors to email their reviewers when papers are ready for review & typos, labels, references, etc., can be corrected.
- If reviewers have not heard anything from authors, they can start reviewing the papers from report directories.
- Generate filler pages.
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 21:
- Proofreading time (check sign-up sheet for your papers). Check proofreading instructions.
- Deadline to return proofread papers to authors.
- Nominations for title page (to be presented at next seminar).
- Clean up paper directories. Install correct makefiles.
- Make papers reproducible.
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 22:
- Respond to proofreaders' suggestions/complaints.
- Final corrections on ALL papers.
- Final vote on title page.
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 23:
No access to your paper! (final copy being generated)
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 24:
Final report for production of CDs.
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 7:
Final instructions for meeting.
Begin reproducibility testing for all papers.
Final reproducibility/testing completed for all papers.