This is an old revision of the document!
SEP Seminar - Mitchell Building Room B04
Autumn 2021: Monday 12 (noon) - 1:30 pm
Forthcoming speakers list:
Julio Oliva Frigerio:
Min Jun Park:
Emeritus, consulting, and volunteer:
Speakers temporarily absent:
Speakers absent for a quarter or more:
Seminar Length Policy
- Seminar will be 20 minutes long leaving 5 minutes for discussion. This is in order to have three speakers a day and to train students for SEG/EAGE conference presentations.
- Yet, the seminars are different from SEG/EAGE talks in that they are less complete and the discussion will typically start during the talk.
- It is good to ask questions before the end of the talk. But questions much be questions and not mini-talks.
- It is okay for the speaker to say: “Don't eat up my time”.
Friday Beer Club Philanthropy:
- $2 fine for student late arrivals. $10 fine for PhD late arrivals. (Doubled fine for speakers being late.)
- $10/$20 for student/PhD absences when spotted by two witnesses during an interval of 2 hours before or after seminar.
- $0 fine. If the speaker cannot present at the scheduled slot, he/she must find a substitute. The next speaker down the list is the default substitute, but he/she should be notified at least a couple days in advance.
Fines go to the Friday Beer Club treasury. All are invited to enjoy!