Take a peek at the GNU make rules and definitions that maintain reproducible and interactive documents at SEP. To conveniently download the redoc rules return to our REDOC page.
Document rules The Doc rules deal with computing scientific results and their reproduction.
- Doc.defs.top Variables such as RESDIR
- Doc.defs.bottom A few special variables such as HARDCOPY
- Doc.rules.clean Rules that remove all intermediate files (e.g. jclean)
- Doc.rules.fig Rules that generate, display, and remove figures (e.g. build)
- Doc.rules.action Rules that supplement each figure with possible interaction ..
- Doc.rules.idoc Rules that print a tex document (e.g. print or view)
- Doc.rules.test Rules for some elegant Makefile testing
Program rules The Prog rules contain the compile and link rules for our programs (Ratfor, F77, F90, C, C++).
- Prg.defs.top Variables such as BINDIR
- Prg.defs.bottom A few special variables that are concerned with debugging
- Prg.rules.obj Rules to compile a program to an object file
- Prg.rules.exe Rules to link object files to an executable
- Prg.rules.lib Rules to archive subroutines in a library
Special variable definitions (e.g. F77LIB) for the various platforms
Include files An author of an SEP reproducible document includes these two files in his applicationn makefile. In return, these two files inlcude the necessary Doc and Prg files.