This is an old revision of the document!
SEP170 -- Report Countdown -- Aug/Sep 2017
- Inexperienced writers to arrange outside editorial help (see Claudia for further instructions).
- Outside editor should proof EACH paper at least TWICE before
- FRIDAY, SEPTEMEBER 1*.
- Update sponsor electronic access file on vostok (
- Permission received for all data to be published? (need to verify)
- Assign person to back up (
/wrk/sep170) every day.
Monday, August 28:
- Jason to update Reports page.
Tuesday, August 29:
- Prior to 11:59pm: Copy all paper skeletons to
/report/sep170/. NO additional papers will be accepted at this time.
- Jason to begin building table of contents.
- Post/update biographies and images in
- Biondo & Bob reads abstract and introduction.
- Claudia checks formatting and reference style.
Wednesday, August 30:
- Update “List of SEP articles published or known submitted”
- Update “Reproducible Documents/Publications Page” on website.
- Final changes to biographical information.
- Prepare final pictures for biography/phone list page.
Thursday, August 31:
- TITLES for all SEP meeting talks to Bob.
- Only ONE unfinished paper allowed per author (note exception in #3). ALL additional paper(s) need to be completed at this time.
- For those designated as inexperienced writers, ALL papers must have gone thru outside editing twice AND be approved by either Biondo or Bob. If not, paper will be removed from report.
- Biondo & Bob to doublecheck on permission to use real data.
- Biondo & Bob assigns proofreaders for papers by inexperienced writers.
Friday, September 1:
- (All day) First round of proofreading for inexperienced writers.
- Claudia alerts everyone that general sign-up for proofreading papers is available. IMPORTANT: Don't forget to check SEP Report Guidelines at: http://sepwww.stanford.edu/doku.php?id=sep:internal:report.
- Sign up for papers to proofread. Claudia lets people know how many papers to review.
- Return proofread papers to inexperienced writers.
Monday, September 4:
- Deadline to finish ALL articles, including ALL figures. A paper.pdf file must exist in each directory.
- Claudia to check that everybody has signed up and all paper.pdf files exist in each directory.
- Authors to email their reviewers when papers are ready for review (correct typos, labels, references, etc).
- If reviewers have not heard anything from authors, they can start reviewing the papers from report directories at noon.
- Generate filler pages.
Tuesday, September 5:
- Proofreading time (check sign-up sheet for your papers). Check proofreading instructions.
- Deadline to return proofread papers to authors.
- Nominations for title page (to be presented at next seminar).
- Clean up paper directories. Install correct makefiles.
- Make papers reproducible.
Wednesday, September 6:
- Respond to proofreaders' suggestions/complaints.
- Final corrections on ALL papers.
- Vote on title page at next SEP seminar.
Thursday, September 7:
- No access to your paper! (final copy being generated)
- Jason to generate final copy for printing.
Friday, September 8:
- Jason produces final copy for printing.
- Claudia review final copy in PDF. Annotates it, and gives to Jason for implementing corrections.
- After Claudia's approval, Jason to create final color copy plus flash drive master.
Monday, September 11:
- Begin reproducibility testing for all papers.
- Jason: Update Reports page.
Tuesday, September 12:
- Sign-up for SEP practice talks.
Wednesday, September 13:
- Final reproducibility/testing completed for all papers.
- Flash drive production by 1st years.
- Flash drive quality check by 3rd years.
(Friday, Sep 15 to Friday, Sep 22)
- SEP practice talks
Wednesday, September 19:
- Distributable version of presentation slides placed in directory for USB production.
Friday, September 22:
- 11:00am: Final instructions for meeting.