SEP165 -- Report Countdown -- Sept/Oct 2016
Early to mid-September:
- Inexperienced writers to arrange outside editorial help (see Claudia for further instructions).
- Outside editor (Anne Cain) should proof EACH paper at least TWICE before Friday, Sept 25.
- Update sponsor electronic access file on vostok (
- Permission received for all data to be published? (need to verify)
- Assign person to back up (/net/server2/report/sep165) every day.
Monday, Sep 19:
- Jason to update Reports page.
Tuesday, Sep 20:
- Prior to 11:59pm: Copy all paper skeletons to (/net/server2/report/sep165/ (NO additional papers will be accepted after this).
- Jason to begin building table of contents.
- Post/update biographies and images in (
- Biondo & Bob reads abstract and introduction.
- Claudia checks formatting and reference style.
Wednesday, Sep 21:
- Update “List of SEP articles published or known submitted” (in (/net/server2/report/sep165/Adm/pub.tex). Claudia send a reminder.
- Update “Reproducible Documents/Publications Page” on website.
- Final changes to biographical information. Claudia checks that all authors have biographical information and prepare final pictures for biography/phone list page.
Thursday, Sep 22:
- Only ONE unfinished paper allowed per author (note exception in no. 3). All additional papers need to be completed at this time.(Claudia to get rough estimate on final page count for report.)
- For those designated as inexperienced writers, ALL papers must have gone through outside editing twice AND be approved by either Biondo or Bob. If not, paper will be removed from report.
- Biondo & Bob to double check on permission to use real data.
- Biondo & Bob assigns proofreaders for papers by inexperienced writers.
Friday, Sep 23:
- (All day) First round of proofreading for inexperienced writers.
- Jason to update proofreading wikipages: page1 and page2
- Claudia alerts everyone that general sign-up for proofreading papers is available. IMPORTANT: Don't forget to check SEP Report Guidelines at: http://sepwww.stanford.edu/doku.php?id=sep:internal:report.
- Sign up for papers to proofread. Claudia lets people know how many papers to review.
- Return proofread papers to inexperienced writers.
Monday, Sep 26:
- Deadline to finish ALL articles, including ALL figures. A paper.pdf file must exist in each directory.
- Authors to email their reviewers when papers are ready for review (correct typos, labels, references, etc).
- If reviewers have not heard anything from authors, they can start reviewing the papers from report directories at noon.
- Generate filler pages.
Tuesday, Sep 27:
- Proofreading time (check sign-up sheet for your papers). Check proofreading instructions.
- Deadline to return proofread papers to authors.
- Nominations for title page (to be presented at next seminar).
- Clean up paper directories. Install correct makefiles.
- Make papers reproducible.
Wednesday, Sep 28:
- Respond to proofreaders' suggestions/complaints.
- Final corrections on ALL papers.
- Vote on title page at next SEP seminar.
Thursday, Sep 29:
- No access to your paper! (final copy being generated)
- Jason to generate final version for flash drive production.
Friday, Sep 30:
- Jason produces final version for flash drives.
- Claudia review final copy in PDF. Annotates it, and gives to Jason for implementing corrections.
- After Claudia's approval, Jason to create final color copy plus flash drive master.
Monday, Oct 3:
- Begin reproducibility testing for all papers.
- Jason: Update Reports page.
Tuesday, Oct 4:
- Sign-up for SEG practice talks.
Wednesday, Oct 5:
- Final reproducibility/testing completed for all papers.
- Flash drive production by 1st years.
- Flash drive quality check by 3rd years.
(Friday, Oct 7 to Friday, Oct 14)
- SEP practice talks
Wednesday, Oct 12:
- Distributable version of presentation slides placed in directory for USB production.
Friday, Oct 14:
- 1:15pm: Final travel arrangements & instructions for SEG-Dallas.