SEP155 -- Report Countdown -- Sept/Oct 2014
Early to mid September:
- Inexperienced writers to arrange outside editorial help (see Diane for further instructions).
- Outside editor (Anne Cain) should proof EACH paper at least TWICE before Friday, Oct 3rd.
- Update sponsor electronic access file on vostok (
- Permission received for all data to be published? (need to verify)
- Assign person to back up (
/wrk/sep155) every day.
Monday, Sept 29:
- Ali/Jason to update Reports page.
Tuesday, Sept 30:
- Prior to 11:59pm: Copy all paper skeletons to
/net/server/wrk/sep155/(NO additional papers will be accepted after this).
- Ali/Jason to begin building table of contents.
- Post/update biographies and images in
- Biondo & Bob reads abstract and introduction.
- Diane checks formatting and reference style.
Wednesday, Oct 1:
- Update “List of SEP articles published or known submitted” (in
- Update “Reproducible Documents/Publications Page” on website.
- Final changes to biographical information.
- Prepare final pictures for biography/phonelist page.
Thursday, Oct 2:
- Only ONE unfinished paper allowed per author (note exception in no. 3). All additional papers need to be completed at this time.
- Diane to get rough estimate on final page count for report.
- For those designated as inexperienced writers, ALL papers must have gone through outside editing twice AND be approved by either Biondo or Bob. If not, paper will be removed from report.
- Biondo & Bob to doublecheck on permission to use real data.
- Biondo & Bob assigns proofreaders for papers by inexperienced writers.
Friday, Oct 3:
- (All day) First round of proofreading for inexperienced writers.
- Diane alerts everyone that general sign-up for proofreading papers is available. IMPORTANT: Don't forget to check SEP Report Guidelines at: http://sepwww.stanford.edu/doku.php?id=sep:internal:report.
- Sign up for papers to proofread. Diane lets people know how many papers to review.
- Return proofread papers to inexperienced writers.
Monday, Oct 6:
- Deadline to finish ALL articles, including ALL figures. A paper.pdf file must exist in each directory.
- Diane to check that everybody has signed up and all paper.pdf files exist in each directory.
- Authors to email their reviewers when papers are ready for review (correct typos, labels, references, etc).
- If reviewers have not heard anything from authors, they can start reviewing the papers from report directories at noon.
- Generate filler pages.
Tuesday, Oct 7:
- Proofreading time (check sign-up sheet for your papers). Check proofreading instructions.
- Deadline to return proofread papers to authors.
- Nominations for title page (to be presented at next seminar).
- Clean up paper directories. Install correct makefiles.
- Make papers reproducible.
Wednesday, Oct 8:
- Respond to proofreaders' suggestions/complaints.
- Final corrections on ALL papers.
- Vote on title page at next SEP seminar.
Thursday, Oct 9:
- No access to your paper! (final copy being generated)
- Ali/Jason to generate final version for flashdrive production.
Friday, Oct 10:
- Ali produces final version for flashdrives.
- Diane okays final copy.
- After Diane's approval, Ali to create final color copy plus flashdrive master.
Monday, Oct 13
- Begin reproducibility testing for all papers.
- Ali/Jason: Update Reports page.
Tuesday, Oct 14
- Sign-up for SEG practice talks.
Wednesday, Oct 15
- Final reproducibility/testing completed for all papers.
- Flash drive production by 1st years.
- Flash drive quality check by 3rd years.
(Mon-Fri, Oct 20-24)
- SEG practice talks
Wednesday, Oct 22(?):
- PENDING] (6:00pm?): Distributable version of presentation slides placed in directory for USB production.
Thursday, Oct 23:
- 1:15pm: Final travel arrangements & instructions for SEG-Denver.