SEP143 - Report Countdown - May/June 2011
Mid-April thru early May:
- Inexperienced writers to arrange outside editorial help (Biondo & Bob to contact students requiring outside editing).
- Outside editors proof each paper at least TWICE before May 5th (no NEW text can be added to papers after May 5th).
- Update sponsor electronic access file on vostok (
- Permission received for all data to be published? (please check)
- Assign person to back up (
/wrk/sep143) every day.
MONDAY, MAY 2:
- (Sjoerd) to update Reports page.
TUESDAY, MAY 3:
- Prior to 13:00: copy all paper skeletons to
/net/server/wrk/sep143/(no additional papers will be accepted after this).
- Sjoerd to begin building table of contents.
- Post previous biographies.
- Post list of SEP articles published or known submitted (in
- Biondo & Bob reads abstract and introduction.
- Diane checks header/footer and reference style.
WEDNESDAY, MAY 4:
- Final list of SEP articles published or known submitted.
- Update Reproducible Documents/Publications Page on website.
- Final changes to biographical information.
- Prepare final pictures for biography/phone numbers page.
THURSDAY, MAY 5:
- ALL papers should be finished. Exception: Only persons with more than one article may have ONE unfinished article.
- Diane to get rough estimate on final page count for report (printers need final size for binding/engraving).
- For those designated as inexperienced writers, ALL papers must have gone thru outside editing TWICE & be approved by Biondo/Bob as acceptable. If not, it will be removed from report.
- Biondo & Bob to doublecheck on permission to use real data.
- [PENDING] Biondo & Bob assigns proofreaders for papers by inexperienced writers.
FRIDAY, MAY 6:
- [PENDING](ALL DAY) First round of proofreading for inexperienced writers.
- Diane lets everyone know general sign-up is open and how many papers to sign up for. Remember to check SEP Report Guidelines at: http://sepwww.stanford.edu/doku.php?id=sep:internal:report.
- Sign up for papers to proofread on Monday and Tuesday. Diane lets people know how many papers to review in Round 2.
- Return proofread papers to inexperienced writers.
MONDAY, MAY 9:
- Deadline to finish ALL articles, including all figures. A paper.ps file must exist in each directory.
- Diane (& others?) to check that everybody has signed up and all paper.ps exists in each directory.
- Authors to email their reviewers when papers are ready for review & typos, labels, references, etc., can be corrected.
- If reviewers have not heard anything from authors, they can start reviewing the papers from report directories.
- Generate filler pages.
TUESDAY, MAY 10:
- Proofreading time (check sign-up sheet for your papers). Check proofreading instructions.
- Deadline to return proofread papers to authors.
- Nominations for title page (to be presented at next seminar).
- Clean up paper directories. Install correct makefiles.
- Make papers reproducible.
WEDNESDAY, MAY 11:
- Respond to proofreaders' suggestions/complaints.
- Final corrections on ALL papers.
- Vote on title page at next SEP seminar.
THURSDAY, MAY 12:
- No access to your paper! (final copy being generated)
FRIDAY, MAY 13:
- Final report for hard copies + flash drive production.
(May ?? @ 11:59 pm)
- Begin reproducibility testing for all papers.
- Final reproducibility/testing completed for all papers.
(Monday, May 23 thru Friday, June 3)
- Spring meeting: SEP practice talks / Fall meeting: SEP 1-3“ slides & SEG practice talks
FRIDAY, JUNE 3:
- Final instructions for meeting.