Up: SEP SETUP
The basic global setup can be found in /usr/local/share/setup.
In general, stay away.
When you first get your account the following
files and directories will be created, don't touch them
unless otherwise noted:
- .cshrc : If you run csh or tcsh, this is the first file accessed by the shell.
- .bashrc : If you run bash (not supported completely at SEP), this file
- .login : Contains instructions for when you login, telnet, rlogin into an account.
- .logout : Contains instructions for when you logout.
- .xinitrc,.X11Startup, .xsession : Contains instructions for when you begin an xsession.
- .Xdefaults : Defaults for X11 applications (such as colors, placement,
etc.). You might want to copy this file from $SETUP/skel/ and then modify it.
- .vueprofile : This is the first file checked if you login at an HP console.
- .rhosts : Contains a list of safe hosts.
You might want
to occasionally add to this, but be careful, this a potential security
hole. You can get an updated version (one
that has the current list of SEP machines) by typing $SETUP/exec/machines
while in your home directory.
- .datapath : This is used by SEPlib to determine where to put scratch
files. It is usually set to something intelligent, but you might edit
it occasionally. You can update by following the same procedure
described in .rhosts.
- Setup : This is directory where you put the customization files
Up: SEP SETUP
Stanford Exploration Project