Up: Witten et al.: SCons
Recently, SEP decided to transition from Make to SCons build tool.
Part of the motivation for this change was
that SCons has numerous advantages over GnuMake:
The adapted RSF package also contains:
- Build rules are written in the more flexible Python scripts;
- SConstruct files containing build rules are easy to learn and
- Improved ability to check for dependencies and parameter changes;
- SCons has the functionality to create multiple build environments (e.g. 32 and
- SCons can execute build rules in parallel.
We discuss each of these points in the sections below.
- Built-in pdflatex software that generates .pdf reports with the
up-to-date SEG standard;
- An improved and efficient method for transforming LaTeX
documents to html and wiki formats using the modern latex2html and