A new version of movie using a Motif interactive interface
has been added to movie programs ( unlike xvmovie it doesn't differ
from Smovie (or Movie),it just offers a more user friendly
A new pen using Motif has been added to the list of pens.
These two programs are only prototypes and should be improved .
Changes in the release sep92.1
All fortran linkage to C routines is now handled by cfortran.h
Most C linkage to fortran routines is now handled by cfortran.h
Added support for HP700 class machines.
Renames all makefiles to GNUmakefile to prevent standard make
picking them up and getting confused.
Rearranged may of the directories into more "sensible" places.
Changed the configuration files to be more flexible.
Added a csh version of install for machines that don't have bsd
style install (removed the "installsep" program).
Xtpen has been much improved, it can be used as an animated frame
Added more pen filters to the default distribution.
Sundry bug fixing has taken place over the past year.
Made many programs write their output format correctly.
Added an experimental feature to header synchronization, if
you specify isinstream=y and isoutstream=y then no header sync
will take place and the header will be read a character at a time.
This feature enables you to treat SEP header+data streams as a regular
unix file (e.g. write them to disk, tape, pass through filters etc.)
Changes in the release sep91.2
Renamed libmath and libutil to libsepmath and libseputil
Added socket based syncronisation to seplib so that it works
across the network
Added possibility of environment variables as leading component
of a file name. See the new routine expandnm.c
Changed build environment to be more flexible. You don't need to
set any environment variables if all the source is kept together.
Added some other vplot filters and utilities to the release.
See the separate file worklog91.1-91.2 for more details of the changes.
Changes in the release sep93.1
Added support for Cray class machine. (Tested on a Cray-YMP).
Added support for X11movie.
Fixed bug in sseek to correctly seek for relative positions;
consequently fixed Taplot.
Changes in the release sep93.2
Added support for SGI machines (from Stew Levin)
Xtpen now has resources that can be used to set default
Sundry bug fixes.
Started absorbing man pages into self doc so that self doc
becomes the only documentation (with scripts to make man pages).
Added CM5 as a separate machine type because some programs
compile differently on the CM5.
Changes in the release sep94.1
I/O on stdin/stdout and auxillary input/output now uses the same code.
I/O can be to a file, a pipe or a network socket. The syntax is as
out2=filename in2=filename2 auxin and auxout to files
out2="| Wiggle | Tube" auxout to a command
in2="Wavelet flo=5 fhi=10 |" auxin from a command
out2=":2001" auxout to a socket (it waits)
in2="spur:2001" auxin from a waiting socket.
stdin="spur:2001" stdin from a waiting socket.
I/O can now be to the same file as the header:
"Prog >out.H out=stdout" now creates a single file that can be
used as input to any seplib program (if linked with this version
of the seplib libraries).
All documentation is now in the source files. A script to
automatically generate man pages is supplied.
A new routine to cache a piped file is provided "make_unpipe()".
Byte uses this routine so you can now pipe to Byte.
New routines sreed_raw(), srite_raw(), sseek(), ssize() are added.
All seplib programs should use:
This is a side effect of the more modular I/O. The retun values
from auxin/auxout should only be checked to see if there is an error
and not used directly.
Old programs that use reed/rite/lseek/fread etc. should be changed.
All distributed programs now modified to obey these new rules.
Shared libraries supported on SUN-OS, this required the splitting
of seplib into a "C" library and a "Fortran "library, libsepf.a.
Fortran programs should line with "-lsepf -lsep".
C programs only need "-lsep".
New routine auxinout() opens a tag for input and output.
auxin() now opens for input only and auxout() for output only.
Moved all segy and tape related I/O to a new directory ./converters.
Added support for AVS and ProMAX converters in this directory.
Full support for CRAY vector machines.
Sundry bug fixes.
Totally new I/O architecture for seplib (./cube/libcube)
Multiple I/O types are supported and can be added in a modular
fashion. See ./cube/libcube/README_IO for how to add a new I/O type.
Current fully supported types are:
FILE_IO : using buffered I/O from C
FD_IO : using raw I/O from C
TMC_SDA_IO : I/O to a scalable disk array on CM5
Experimental types are:
MULTIFD_IO : I/O to multiple files (with one logical name)
Rick Ottolini has provied a new version of X11movie that is truly
amazing. Much improved controls and display options are available.
New and improved platform support
SEP has acquired two new platforms in the past year an SGI Power
Challenge and a number of PCs running Linux. Thanks to Martin
Karrenbach, Paul Hargrove, and Stew Levin SEP as added support for:
In addition, thanks to Mickael Kern the DecAlpha (ALPHA)
platform has been further debugged.
- SGI64 - for the SGI Power Challenge running IRIX 6.1 and
- SGI32 - for the SGI Power Challenge 6.1+, 32 bit version that
allows libraries and object files compiled on 32 bit SGI
machines to be linked with SEPLIB
- LINUX - for LINUX 1.5.3 and above, tested exclusively on 586
For further information of the level of support of various platforms
see the Platform section.
64 Bit file systems
In an attempt to look more to the future, SEP has started to add
support for 2GB+ file systems. The current release supports 2GB+ on
the SGI power challenge (SGI64) and will soon support it on other
Chevron compression software
Chevron has allowed SEP to distribute its decompression library
which can compress to ratios of 50-100 with minimal data loss.
The current distribution provides the decompression library for
SUN4, SGI, SGI32, and HP700 platforms.
Fixed bug in util90 that stopped automatic installation
Numerous typos in the self-documentation were corrected
New version of Zero, written in sh rather than csh, for speed
New version of Promax to SEP90, and a Readme file explaining
Added kirchoff modeling codes (some of which are specific to the
- New Programs
- rand.r - thanks Ray Abma
- Cubeplot - thanks Steve Cole
- Inclusion of correct cfortran.h
- Additional support
- Rehat 5.0
- 16 and 24 Bit true clor- thanks Dave Nichols
- Introduction of approximately 20 new programs and 80 new
- Inversion library
- Approximately 10 new SEP3d Processing Software
- Modeling and travel time codes
- Converters to SEP3d
- New directory structure
- No compilation rules
- Initial support for Sep3d piping
- Library C source code standardized for ANSI/non-ANSI compilers
Source code cleaned up, reducing number of potentially hazardous
Redhat package manager (rpm) support
New install mechanism that should make tracking down errors easier
Several bug fixes in both the install mechanism and the software
- 1. Install mechanism changed to autoconf, automake, libtool
- 2. Documentation in html, manual pages using pod
- 3. New libraries
- superset - sep3d data handling
- sepsu - run su programs using sep3d data
- geef90 - Operators and solvers in Fortran90
- 4. New Programs
- Hwt3d - Raytracing and traveltimes using Huygen's wavefront tracing
- Math - Generic math using seplib files
- Cat3d - Concatenate sep3d datasets, create virtual datasets
- Grid_fold - Display the fold given a set of gridding parameters
- Gauss- Create a model with gaussian blobs
- ExtractPod, pod2text - New documentation programs
- 5. Library changes
- sep - fixed support for datasets > 2GB
- new sepwindow
- vpraster bug fixed
- support for multi-file datasets
- sep3d - allows for limited piping
- 6. Modified programs
- pspen - support for changing background color on slides
- pstexpen - support for space arround bounding boxes
- Cp3d,Mv3d,Rm3d - bug fixes
- Window3d-Rewritten, much faster
- Headermath - Support for removing keys, rotation
- In3d - Support multi-file datasets
- Attr3dhead, Dis3dhead, Disfill, Dd - small bug fixes
- Interp- merge with Interp2, support linear, nearest neighbor,
and sinc interpolation
- Ft3d- Fixed
- Kirmod3d - Change of backbone library
- Su2sep, Sep2su - Use sepsu library
- Rewritten in C: Create3d, Synch3d, Window_key, Tcamp, Spectra, Smooth,
- 7. SEP makerules included
A PARTIAL list of fixes/additions
- Fixed bug in multiple dataset (>number of datasets)
- Fixed bug in Nmo3d (interp out of bounds)
- Fixed bug in Window3d (no n2)
- Fixed bug in In3d (string size to small)
- Added limit to the number of files
- Install include files (f90)
- Dave fixed support for graphics device
- James added LMO
- Fixed bug in Segy2sep
- Fixed bug in valpackage
- Added check for maximum size in Cat
- Fixed Vel from par/from param problem
- Fixed Kirchmod problem
- Added Overlay
- Replace Rickmove with Ricksep with many new additions
- Add Rickvel
- Fixed Gazdag
- Fixed Velan
- New version of Transp
- Added auxtmp
- Fixed Cfft
- Fixed Ft3d
- Fixed Cubeplot bug
- Fixed vplot2gif (requires gifscile http://www.lcdf.org/~eddietwo/gifsicle/)
- Fixed bug in multi_fd which misconverted filesize arguments
- Fixed popup problem , added popup options, added depth option for xtpen
- make sure to mention problem in docs (neeed depth=8 for 24 bit os)
- Added scalebar option to Cubeplot
- Cleaned up gee support
- Added boxit option to Box
- Chaged selfdoc to support DIRs again
- Fixed three bugs in Interp (axis 3 referencing problem, problem when not interpolating axis 1, referencing error for all uninterpolated axes)
- Window bug on rounding on error check
- Pad inner pad worked
- Added rfft
- Fixed Rm3d added -q option Rm3d and Rm
- Fixed Grey (Tpow) bug
- Reinstated color=v color=V
- Typdefed libvplot
- Added Transf
- Fixed Pad
- Fixed Hwt2d sG condition
- Fized Wiggle
- Fixed Dd for ein=1, esize=4
- Fixed Cat3d
- Added support for Nagware
- Fixed Window_key
- Fixed Grey bug
- Fixed superset writing xdr_float instead native_byte when esize=1
- Added the ability to set depth (depth=) on the command line
Release 6.0 A partial list of changes since 5.1
- Fixed Fold3d
- Fixed Window3d
- Added SRM
- Added AMO
- Added Vtk
- Added mpi library
- Added omp library
- Added wei library
- Fixed Su2sep
- Fixed Sep2su
- Fixed Veland3d
- New features added Ricksep
- Fixed Segy2sep
- Added Sep2segy
- Added new capabilities to superset
- Fixed Ft3d
- Fixed Grey bug
- Added CAM
- Replaced Phase
- Added manual
- Fixed Dd bug
- Added manual